Jun 11, 2013

McCall's 6696

Today I finished sewing up another dress made out of a thrift store sheet.  This time I made it into a nice sleeveless shirtdress using McCall's 6696.


I didn't alter anything about the pattern, and I think it ended up pretty good.  This was the first collar I've ever made, and I think it looks alright!  I used clear buttons, which I didn't really end up liking, so I think I will replace them at some point.  I would also like to make a little matching belt.  Next time I make this pattern, I think I will shape the sleeves differently (they ended up a little wonky) and raise the waistband.  I may also make the the skirt gathered instead of pleated.

Details of the front and back
This pattern is more on the advanced side because it has a darts, pleats, gathers, a collar, and buttons down the front, but I would definitely recommend it if you're up to it.

Another successful project :)


Happy sewing :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment