Jul 4, 2013

4th of July Dress

First, I would like to wish everyone a very happy 4th of July.  Hopefully you are all able to enjoy a nice rest from work or school and enjoy time with family and friends. That's my plan anyways!


Here's a dress I made out of a vintage curtain that I got at the thrift store.  The fabric has vibrant red, white and blue stripes, so it's very appropriate for today.  For the pattern, I used McCall's 5094 in the version C.  I really like this pattern!  I didn't alter anything about it, and I love the shape of the skirt and the way it fits.  I must have made a mistake when I cut out the pattern though, because the skirt had too much fabric to attach to the bodice, but I fixed this by putting in some gathers in the front.  This pattern was very easy to make and I definitely plan on making it again.

The pattern
Love the full skirt
I am so proud of how well I matched the stripes.  I almost can't believe how perfect they line up.  Don't ask me how I did it, because I have no idea!

Just look at how those lines match up, ah!

Wishing you a happy 4th,
post signature

2 comments:

  1. This dress is so gorgeous! I just went through your blog and I love all dresses you made. You are very talented! I wish I could do it too, but unfortunately I am not patient enough to work with patterns, I guess. I do have a sewing machine and I do love to make my own clothes, but it should all go fast and does not include drawing patterns, haha.
    You look lovely!

    Love,
    Sofie
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Yes, sewing from patterns does take some practice and patience (and sometimes frustration). I'd love to learn more about drafting my own patterns

    ReplyDelete