Aug 9, 2013

Blue Ikat Dress

Here's a dress that I finished recently. I kind of have mixed feelings about this dress as it's not something I would normally wear, but I still think it's cute. The bodice is made with a blue ikat printed cotton by Amy Butler (link) using a free pattern from Burdastyle that can be found here.  The back of the dress and the skirt are made from a lightweight navy fabric.


 Because the pattern only comes in one size, I used elastic thread to create shirring on the back of the dress to get a better fit.  

Difficult to see the shirring, but it's there, I swear!
I also ran out of my lining fabric, so the skirt is lined about halfway down the length, but think it adds a nice little peek-a-boo effect.


Detail of the bodice
I'm not really one for strapless or maxi dresses, so I will probably add some straps and shorten the skirt length eventually.  Let me know what you think about this dress!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute, and lining it halfway...happy accident! I would have thought it was a design feature!

    ReplyDelete