Sep 20, 2013

Interesting Sea Creatures and Good News

First, the good news: I got a job, yay! After two interviews for a position with State Parks, I was finally offered the job!! I'm so freaking happy. Job searching has been the biggest source of stress in my life, and I almost don't know what to do without it. I'm going to be doing a lot of work managing invasive plant species, which is something I need experience doing if I want to go into restoration ecology. Basically, I'm sooo stoked.

Second, look at all these cool things that I saw while volunteering this week! I'll definitely miss my volunteer position once I start working; where else will I ever get to hold carnivorous sea slugs? I got to see all of these cool creatures the same day that I was offered a job. Needless to say, it was a pretty great day.

Navanox (aka carnivorous sea slugs), a sting ray, a large crab, and a kelp bass

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment