Jan 1, 2014

New Years Resolutions 2014

I'd like to start off this post by, of course, wishing everyone a very happy New Year! I'm not going to lie, I'm a little terrified of this year. I know I have a part-time job guaranteed until at least October, but the unknown of what will happen after then seems daunting. To help myself cope, I've made myself a list of resolutions.

1. Improve my blogging
This is a common resolution among bloggers, and I am no different. When I started this blog back in April, I didn't have a job and had more free time. As time went by and after getting a job, I have been blogging less and less each month. This is not something I like, and I plan to schedule my time and take advantage of days when I do not work to write blog posts.

2. Finally open my Etsy shop
Opening a shop on Etsy has been a New Year's resolution of mine for the past two years, but this year I am determined to do it. I have lots of things waiting to be sold, and the only thing stopping me recently has been taking good quality pictures of my products to put in the listings. Now that I have access to a nice camera I should be able to open it soon!

3. Sew more
I wanted this blog to predominately about sewing and crafting, but for the past few months there have been almost no sewing posts. I have lots of patterns and fabric that I am dying to sew, and I just need to get off my butt and make them!

4. Read more
I love to read, and my "to read" list is getting pretty ridiculous. I'm setting myself a goal for at least one book a month. I know this isn't a lot, and I used to read about a book a week, but it would be more than what I've been reading recently.

I hope everyone's New Year has been awesome so far! Cheers!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment