Jan 14, 2014

One of the Best Days Ever (Disneyland and meeting Karen Gillan!)

Yesterday was amazing and I'm going to tell you why.

Reason #1: This weekend, two of my closest and oldest friends, Allie and Phillip, were in town. The last time all of us were together was three years ago and it was so, so nice to see them! They're those friends that you can hang out with and it seems like no time has passed :) Yesterday, the three of us went to Disneyland and it was really awesome. The park was relatively empty, it didn't get too hot, and the wait time for Space Mountain was averaging around 20 minutes (which is amazing!). Some of the rides were closed like Haunted Mansion, The Jungle Cruise, and Thunder Mountain, oh and the Dole Whip Booth was closed (sorry about that Allie), but we still had a lot of fun, got to spend the day together, and made it on all the other rides we wanted to go on.

Reason #2: I met Karen Gillan! She was at Disneyland and by chance, on our way out of the park, we ended up in the same place at the same time. After a lot of encouragement from Allie, I asked to take a picture with her and she was very nice about it. And then I freaked the hell out. You guys, I love Doctor Who so much, and Amy Pond is one of my favorite companions ever. I acted like a total fangirl (once I was out of her sight) and automatically started calling and texting all of the Whovians I know. I was in nerd heaven! I still can't get over it!



Ah!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment