May 5, 2014

My First Electronics Project!

In less than two weeks, I'm going to be at the Bay Area Maker Faire and my first electronics project will be on display at the Santa Barbara Hackerspace's booth. I'm so excited!

I've had an idea floating around in my head for a while to make a quilt that not only looks like a piano, but will actually play when touched. Even with some prior programming knowledge from a college course, I figured this would be way too difficult for my first project, but now having started (and thanks to an incredibly patient teacher) I'm surprised at how quickly the project is coming together.

video


The project is still in the prototype mode, but as soon as my package of conductive thread comes in I'll begin working on the final stage. I'll make a post going through the parts, layout, and code later for those who are interested in learning more.

Thanks so much for reading!
post signature

1 comment: