Jan 4, 2015

New Year

2014 was the first year in my life where I was employed all year long, and boy did it go quickly! A few things fell by the wayside (like this blog), but thankfully there's a whole new year to turn things around.  But first, here's a recap of my resolutions from 2014.

1. Improve my blogging: fail
Not much to say about this since I haven't blogged since last May. I'm kicking myself in the butt over all the cool things I should have posted.

2. Finally open my Etsy shop: success

I did it! Here's my shop It's been slow going, but I'm happy with how it has gone so far.

3. Sew more: fail

Definitely didn't happen :(

4. Read more: success

I set a goal to read at least one book a month, and last year I read 19. It's still not as much as I used to read, but I've really been enjoying it.


Considering I've never stuck to a new year's resolution before, I'm pretty happy with completing half of mine from last year. And that leads me to my resolutions for this year:

1. Start blogging consistently again
I'm disappointed that I haven't been blogging recently. There are still a lot of things I want to write and post about. 

2. Put more work into my Etsy shop
I'm really happy that I finally opened my shop, but I need to put more time into taking and editing photos, and using social media to attract customers.

3. Sew more - for reals this time
I just bought some new sewing toys online that I can't wait to try. They are particularly for sewing chiffon and knits, so I can't wait to start sewing new projects.

4. Focus on health and happiness
I've been feeling very stressed recently. I'm starting a second job this month and will be working for full time for the first time in my life. I already feel like I don't have enough time to keep my life organized and to live healthy, so I'm going to have to work on it even more. 

I'm very excited for all the possibilities that 2015 will bring, and I hope you have all had a very happy New Year.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment